New year, new you, new home? Why not? The new year brings with it a season of a refreshing change. It makes us feel that anything is possible and like we can achieve all that we desire. One of the best ways to foster this feeling is by making sure our space reflects ourselves, our dreams and makes us feel comfortable in the pursuit of our joy.
Keep reading if you have a long list of home improvement projects you want to tackle but aren’t sure where to begin. While all improvement projects have value to you, some projects will also increase the value of your home. So we recommend beginning with those and then finishing off with your passion projects.
Upgrade Your Water Heater
Upgrading your water heater is a great place to start on your home improvement journey. It’s not exactly a glamorous project, but it will pay off in the long run, making it easier to pursue the rest of your upgrades.
A new water heater will provide more consistent hot water and help lower your energy bills. Before making your water heater purchase, make sure to keep these factors in mind:
- Tank or Tankless. While you might be used to tankless water heaters, there are plenty of reasons to consider switching it up. Both options have some pros and cons; for instance, tank water heaters are far less expensive than their tankless counterparts. However, they are less efficient and cost more to operate in the long run. On the flip side, tank water heaters take up far more space than tankless models, and they also run out of hot water eventually, often leaving someone with an unexpectedly cold shower.
- Fuel Source. The most common fuel options for water heaters are gas or electric. A lot of the time, it’s easier to stick with your original fuel source than trying to convert to a new one a lot of the time. However, keep in mind that gas appliances can save you up to 30 percent on your utility bills.
Depending on your home’s size, how many residents there are, and a number of other factors, our team can help you decide which type of water heater is best for you.
Upgrade Your Plumbing Fixtures
Now for the fun stuff. Updating your home’s plumbing fixtures is a relatively small way to make sure your home reflects your personal style while also making a functional upgrade! There are plenty of fixture upgrades you can make throughout your home, including:
- Bathroom and kitchen faucets
- Bathtub spigots
- Kitchen pot filler
- And more!
The best part is that when you’re updating these fixtures, you’re likely going to be choosing a more efficient model that wastes much less water!
Upgrade Your Garbage Disposal
This upgrade is a little less glamorous, but it makes a world of difference in your everyday life. Whether you have a garbage disposal already installed or you don’t have one at all, a newer model is the way to go. A new garbage disposal will help to cut down on odors within your home, but while it is meant for food scraps, be careful of what you toss down the drain.
Avoid tossing these food items:
- Grease and fat
- Starches like potatoes, pasta, and rice
- Fibrous foods like celery
- Coffee grounds and eggshells
No matter what kind of plumbing improvement project you decide to tackle first, our team will be here to help you every step of the way. Contact our experts at Pure Plumbing to get started. Either visit our website or give us a call at 469-525-0000.